Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Another fabulous block!

Jennifer doesn't have a blog but she shared a picture of her block for Penelope's quilt. What I love his that her daughter helped her pick out the fabric! Gorgeous block! Thanks Jennifer! Here's a little bit of what she wrote in her email:

"The fabrics are the new Heather Ross Lightning Bugs, with one strip of Road Trip. The yellow on the two borders is from a 4 yard piece of vintage fabric I found in a thrift store for $1.38! I love it, but have no idea where it comes from. This is for Penelope’s quilt, and my Penelope helped to pick out the fabrics (which is why there is a little more pink that I would have had normally- she LOVES pink. Although I was to do a yellow block, it was important to me to have my Penny have input- she knows it is going for another Penelope and so she picked the things she thought all Penny’s would like, namely, pink dots and stripes!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the story behind your block! How nice for you to include your Penelope in the decision-making. She has very good taste...it looks great!

January 17, 2007 at 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the nice comments about my block. As I don't have a blog, it is really rare to hear feedback on my work, so I thank you for taking the time to comment. It is very much appreciated! And thanks again to the sweet organizers who put this all together!

January 18, 2007 at 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home